|1 course found.|| || Printer friendly|
|Page 1 of 1|
|Effective Practice - Understanding Children’s Personal, Social and Emotional Development|
|Starts:|| Thursday 5 December 2019 09.30-16.00||Code: EYFS37|
|Venue:|| Sands Resort Hotel, Watergate Road, Porth, TR7 3LX | Map | |
|About this course|
|This course will look at how children’s personal, social and emotional development impacts on their ‘behaviour’ in the EYFS and how to help. By the end of this training you will understand how good quality practice supports children’s personal, social and emotional development by considering the following:|
- Child development, including recent research into how babies’ and young children’s brains develop.
- What warm, quality interactions look like, and how they affect children’s personal, social and emotional development.
- What effective, good quality provision and teaching of personal, social and emotional development looks like.
- How the assess, plan, do cycle promotes good quality practice.
- The importance of working together with parents to support children’s personal, social and emotional development.
By the end of the course practitioners will:
- have a good understanding of children’s ages and stages of personal, social and emotional development;
- have an understanding of how, for some children, challenging behaviour is a form of communication;
- have a clear idea how good, effective practice supports children’s personal, social and emotional development;
- be confident including planning for personal social and emotional development into their provision;
- have many practical ideas and strategies to take back to their setting.
We will also have explored some ideas and strategies to support you with dealing with challenging behaviour if it occurs and what to do if personal, social and emotional difficulties become a special educational need.
|There are 2 sessions between Thursday 5 December 2019 and Friday 6 December 2019|
|| Course closed to new requests | Full Details | Print Course | 2 attached documents | |
|Page 1 of 1|